- Help Guide – great overviews of stress, mental health and any related topics as well as ways of managing them
- Mayo Clinic – solid and helpful information on mental illness and medical conditions and treatments available
- National Alliance for Mental Illness – lots of information for persons and family
- Rethink Mental Illness – good information on mental illness
- Beck Institute – for additional information on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Behavioural Tech – for additional information on Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- PCIT International – for additional information on Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- GET Self Help – great worksheets to help you understand what’s going on and tools to help you work through it.
- GSU Guided Relaxation Exercises and Meditations – a variety of relaxing exercises and mindfulness meditations with downloadable audio tracks (mp3) and printable copies.
- Gratitude Journal – a journal to take note of 5 things that went well each day. By focusing on the positive, we begin to see more positive things and feel more positive each day! It is a fun exercise to do on the worksheet provided in the link or in your own notebook.
- Positive Steps to Wellbeing – a worksheet that outlines coping skills for managing stress and improving wellbeing.
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation is considered the most powerful relaxation exercise as it involves tensing and releasing of the different muscle groups in the body. This worksheet outlines a simple way for effective practice of this technique.
- Sleep Hygiene Worksheet – for a printable copy of tips to help you get a better night’s sleep. Dr. Bodden also outlines these tips in her post.
- STOPP Worksheet – a great overview of Cognitive Restructuring to help you respond to situations in a more balanced way by changing your thoughts.
- Top 25 Mental Health Apps – an article discussing apps that may help to manage your moods
Information on Suicide:
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline – U.S.-based; Information for persons in crisis, struggling with suicidal thoughts or friends or family members of persons dealing with suicidal thoughts/urges
- Samaritans – U.K.-based; Information for persons in crisis, struggling with suicidal thoughts or friends or family members of persons dealing with suicidal thoughts/urges
- Wake Forest University – great resource for information on How to Identify Signs of Suicidality, Prevention, Intervention and Additional Information
Information on Substance Abuse (Drugs):
- On the Wagon – great resource for information on drinking, drug use, types of drugs and how to get help
- Slang Code Words for Drugs – U.S. based government report detailing slang terms for drugs
- Center on the Developing Child– U.S. based Harvard University website discussing child development and impacts of adverse childhood events across the lifespan
- Special Needs Foundation Cayman – local foundation supporting special needs
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network – U.S. based resource discussing trauma and children
- US CDC Child Development – U.S. based government resource discussing developmental norms in children
- National Resource on ADHD – U.S.-based resource for ADHD information
- ADHD Foundation – U.K. based resource for ADHD information
- Autism Society of the Cayman Islands – local support and advocacy group
- Autism Speaks – U.S. based resource support and advocacy for individuals with autism
- Autism Society of America – grassroots advocacy support for individuals with autism in America
- Autism Canada – support from Canada
- Drugs.com – interaction checker for persons taking multiple medications
Reports about Cayman: